The Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) is recognized as the global standard for conducting a thorough and credible human factors analysis of any adverse event. HFACS, Inc. has teamed with Norwich University to provide professional education in human factors and patient safety. This intensive 2-day seminar provides training in the application of innovative methods for reducing risk and improving care. These approaches are scientifically derived, empirically tested, and proven in the field.
Upon completion, participants will have the skills to apply the HFACS-Healthcare Framework, along with its companion tools to (1) perform a thorough and credible human factors analysis of patient harm events and (2) systematically generate effective invterventions to improve safety.
Topics to be covered:
- Integrating human factors and system safety principles into Root Cause Analysis and Action (RCA2).
- Utilizing the Human Factors Analysis & Classification System (HFACS®) to identify and analyze systemic causes of harm during your RCA2 activities.
- Developing novel corrective actions for improving safety using the Human Factors Intervention Matrix (HFIX).
- Selecting the best HFIX solution using hte multiple-criteria decision tool called FACES.
Attendees will receive:
- HFACS-RCS Handbook
- HFACS Interviewing Guide
- HFACS/HFIX/FACES Tools and Checklist
- Certificate of Completion
Including tools that support both ANALYSIS and PREVENTION.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Norwich University will award 2 CEUs to each attendee who successfully completes the course. Continuing Medical Education (CME) Units are available.
HFACS Courses are available in an instructor-led format and delivered either in-person at a training location near you, or online using our Learning Management System and Microsoft Teams. Use the form below to Contact us for more information or register to attend today.